Now that warmer weather is coming to the Washington, D.C. area- that means the days of netflix and chilling are over...What else is there to do now? Eat! Check out these restaurants and bars in the DMV region that may bring you some warmth- celebrate the spring weather- through good food, good booze and warm atmosphere.
- Brine, Mosiac District. Every third Wednesday of the month, there is local wine tastings. Rappahannock Oyster Co's is a great destination for seafood lovers as well as chicken and lamb specialties. In the month of December, there are also brunches with Santa- oyster and the big red man- nothing beats it.
- The Tasting Room. Why picking a tasting room? Besides the scenic location in National Harbor, the concept is to bring the winery experience to you. John Kent Cooke's Boxwood Estate Winery- brings wine tastings and light fare menu without the drive to the winery locally.
- Blackwall Hitch. One of the favorites in Old Town Alexandria, the food is amazing along with the view of the Potomac. The live music is entertaining on the weekends and there are additional events such as cider tastings.
- Mad Fox Brewery. According to Bill Madden, CEO: "Our brewery was born of our love of Euro gastro brewpubs. We fuse flavor, seasonal and local ingredients with inspiration."
- Stove Cove Kitbar. Three locations in the DMV area, the food is prepared in front of you along with the drinks behind the bar. A seasonal menu- entices you to come in and see what the season will bring.
- Boundary Road. Located on the H Street corridor, this restaurant has a charming brick interior. The website is simple- but the menu and ambience is far from plain. Suitable for winter or spring, this restaurant is intimate for a dinner date or impressive for the most selective of foodies.
- Trummer's on Main. Rather than our other selections of brick or rustic themed restaurants, this one has wide open windows letting the season flood in. With a menu reminiscent of Hyde Park Culinary School, this restaurant is a delight to any foodie.
- Copperwood Tavern. One of our favorites, with a friendly staff and rustic feel, this restaurant is just a darling for happy hour or meals regardless of the season.
Trummer's On Main
To contribute a posting or ideas for things to do or lifestyle events in the DMV area, contact us here or let us know on social media. We love suggestions!
To explore advertising options with a banner ad, click here- packages start as low as $5.
To explore advertising options utilizing our social media and article mentions, click here- packages start as low as $5.
Join one of our Meetup.com groups if you are in the local Washington, D.C. area- DMV Things to Do. From wine and embassy events, we enjoy life in the D.C. area.
Watch & Read
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for videos and podcast clips.
Follow our DC Life and Style songlist on Napster. Music is a soundtrack for life.