A great way to spend Saturday nights in the Virginia region, is the Twilight Polo at the Great Meadow Foundation.
We invite friends and bring the kids- so it is one of the few activities that everyone can enjoy away from home on a weekend night. It is also a great place for a girls' night, date night or wining and dining a client.
We grab blankets or lawn chairs, and we look upon the field. Fast paced, and encouraging an environment of social interaction, at halftime they bring the kids out on the field so everyone is included. For larger parties, you can reserve a railside box for 6. Contemporary music is pumped through the sound system as well as to give it a weekend feel.
Planning on going?
- Old table clothes are just as cute as picnic blanket
- Don't be shy to bring lawn chairs
- Check out groupon or living social for coupons
- Greenhill Vineyards sponsor the events- if you want to purchase a bottle or two. Light wines are the best for hot summer nights. Freeze grapes for ice cubes to keep your drinks cool
- Sushi, fruit and salads are suggested finger foods for the event- keep it light and easy. Enjoy the evening and remember that people don't eat a lot when it is hot outside. A food truck or tent is usually on hand as well- but the lines can be long.
- Bring a soccer ball if you bring a kid. Kids enjoy watching but if you have little ones who have ants in their pants- there is field behind the sitting area they can run around and see the fireflies when they come out. This is making memories.
2017 Twilight Polo Themes
May 20- Military Appreciation Night
May 27- School Pride Night
June 3- Red & White Night (Greenhill Winery & Vineyards)
June 10- Preppy in Pink for Ladies Night Out
June 17- Disney
June 24- Hawaiian Luau
July 15- 70s Disco
July 29- Christmas in July
August 5- Wizard of Oz
August 12- WestWorld
August 19- All White Party
August 26- Fiesta
September 2- Star Wars
September 9- Antique Car Night
September 16- Escape from the Zoo
September 23- Grand Finale
To contribute a posting or ideas for things to do or lifestyle events in the DMV area, contact us here or let us know on social media. We love suggestions!
To explore advertising options with a banner ad, click here- packages start as low as $5.
To explore advertising options utilizing our social media and article mentions, click here- packages start as low as $5.
Join one of our Meetup.com groups if you are in the local Washington, D.C. area- DMV Things to Do. From wine and embassy events, we enjoy life in the D.C. area.
Watch & Read
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for videos and podcast clips.
Follow our DC Life and Style songlist on Napster. Music is a soundtrack for life.