One of the biggest costs is the price tages to keep it together, physically! Gym memberships, personal hygiene products and wardrobes. One of the best kept secrets in Washington, D.C. is the Aveda Institute.
I know, I know most people are nervous to hit up a beauty school- but these students are under the watchful supervision of teachers. These stylists are not going from a mannequin head to your head on their second day. They usually throw in a shoulder or hand rub while they are at it as well. You save massive amounts of money and can try new services. Only thing is- be prepared to spend more time than a normal salon. However, the cost savings is worth it- and it smells nice and you get hot tea or water.
Some Examples of Services Offered
Hair Esthetics (Student/Masters)
- Haircut & Simple Style $12/$18
- Updo/Specialty Set/Braiding $30/$35
Texture Services (Student/Masters)
Relaxers start at $68/$75
Hair Color (Student/Masters)
- Color Retouch starts at $32/$42
- First Time Color starts at $52/$57
- Partial Foil (approx 20 foils) starts at $38/$47
- Full Foil starts at $50/$62
- Color Retouch with Partial Foil starts at $52/$62
- Color Retouch with Full Foil starts at $72/$77
- Green Science Skin-Renewing Treatment starts at $35
- Outer Peace Acne Relief Treatment starts at $35
Customized care for your hands and feet that includes proper maintenance, grooming of nails and cuticles and personalized massage, incorporating Aveda signature aromas.
- Manicure- 30 minutes $10
- Pedicure- 45 minutes $15
- Lash or brow tint $10
- Makeup application $10
- Elemental Nature Massage starts at $35
- Chakra Balancing Massage starts at $35
Wax Hair Removal
Facial Hair Removal: Brow Design $10
Half Leg Hair Removal $22
To contribute a posting or ideas for things to do or lifestyle events in the DMV area, contact us here or let us know on social media. We love suggestions!
To explore advertising options with a banner ad, click here- packages start as low as $5.
To explore advertising options utilizing our social media and article mentions, click here- packages start as low as $5.
Join one of our Meetup.com groups if you are in the local Washington, D.C. area- DMV Things to Do. From wine and embassy events, we enjoy life in the D.C. area.
Watch & Read
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for videos and podcast clips.
Follow our DC Life and Style songlist on Napster. Music is a soundtrack for life.