The wintertime is when we want to hibernate and we can let our bodies put on weight because it is so easy to hide it. However, if that is not your thing or spring fever is hitting, check out these ideas to get your fitness on.
- Social Golf Leagues. Yes. Golf. All in the luxury of craft beers and heat, Top Golf offers leagues for the winter. Located in Alexandra and Loudoun County, don't wait for the spring to get your golf on.
- Rock Wall Climbing. Too cold to climb outside? Come inside. Earth Treks offers many locations in the Washington, D.C. area- Columbia, Maryland offers 20,000 square feet of climbing with hundreds of routes and problems (although not sure why someone would want a "problem."). They also offer yoga classes- so get your climb on and get some zen while you are at it.
- Ice Skating. You know I couldn't keep this off the list. One of my favorite places to go ice skating in this area is Pentagon Row. Besides the decor, the outside fireplace- there is a lot of restaurants to enjoy in the area to warm up. Hint hint...maybe with a special someone.
- Lucky Strike. Located in the Chinatown area of D.C. (Verizon Center), a lot of people forget there is a bowling alley 2017 style right here in the area. And when you are done, head across the street for some tapas and a sangria flight at La Tasca.
- Dave and Buster's. Okay this one is stretching it a bit, but at least you have to walk around to play the games. There is several locations in the Washingon, D.C. area now- so let's have some fun.
- Penn Social. Another Dave and Buster's type atmosphere- this is a fun location that is right in the Washington, D.C. area. Pop-a-shot, foosball, and ping ball- throw down on the corn hole and shuffleboard too.
To contribute a posting or ideas for things to do or lifestyle events in the DMV area, contact us here or let us know on social media. We love suggestions!
To explore advertising options with a banner ad, click here- packages start as low as $5.
To explore advertising options utilizing our social media and article mentions, click here- packages start as low as $5.