Sick of your long hair wig but don’t want to go short, there is a happy medium. You can cut and style your long DNE hair wig in a way that is flattering and easy to maintain. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to cut and style your long hair so that it looks its best.
Cutting Your Long Hair Wig
If you’re cutting your hair, it is important to know whether to cut it wet or dry. Wet hair is easier to cut, but it can be more difficult to get an even cut. Dry hair is more difficult to cut, but it’s easier to see what you’re doing and get a more even cut.
1. Cutting Your Wig in Layers
Layers can give your long hair more shape and make it easier to style. To cut your hair in layers, start by dividing your hair into three sections: the top layer, the middle layer, and the bottom layer. Then, use scissors or a razor to gradually remove the length from the bottom layer, working up to the middle layer. Finally, remove any desired length from the top layer.
2. Cutting Your Hair with Scissors or Clippers
Scissors will give you the most control when cutting your own hair, but clippers can be used if comfortable with them. To cut your hair with scissors, start by combing it thoroughly and trimming any split ends. Hold the scissors at a 90-degree angle and snip off small sections of hair until you’ve achieved the desired length. To use clippers, start by attaching the guard corresponding to the length you want to achieve. Then, run the clippers through your hair in slow, steady strokes until all of your hair has been trimmed evenly.
Styling Your Long Hair Wig
If you have long hair, chances are that you blow dry it on a regular basis. But did you know that there is a right way and a wrong way to blow dry your hair? If you want to avoid damaging your hair and making it frizzy, follow these tips:
- Always use a heat protectant before blow drying
- Start by blow-drying your roots first, then work your way down the length of your hair
- Use a diffuser attachment if you have one – this will help to reduce frizz
- When you’re finished blow-drying, give your hair a final blast of cool air to seal in the moisture
- Styling Your Hair Wig with a Flat Iron
If you want to achieve sleek, straight hair, then your best bet is to use a flat iron. But like blow drying, there is a right way and a wrong way to use a flat iron on your hair. Follow these tips for the best results:
- Again, always use a heat protectant before styling
- Take small sections of hair and run the flat iron slowly over each one- don’t go over any section more than once or you risk damaging your hair
- If your hair is particularly thick or frizzy, you may want to invest in a ceramic flat iron- these work best for taming unruly hair
Styling Your Hair with Curlers
For beachy waves or tight curls, curlers are the way to go. There are lots of different types of curlers on the market, so it’s important to choose the right ones for your hair type. If you’ve fine hair, smaller-diameter curlers will work better than large ones. And if you have very thick hair, you may need to use larger rollers or Velcro rollers to get the desired effect.
If you’re looking to change your hairstyle, avoid experimenting with your real hair. Buy a hair wig by DNE hair and try styling it. If you mess up, your real hair is still safe. Cool, isn’t it? What cooler is buying a DNE hair wig at a great discount that you can get at their website.